“Our goal is for all our children to believe in themselves, be happy, and achieve their best.”
We believe that:
- Our curriculum should be challenging, and inspiring. It will be underpinned by the highest possible standards of literacy and numeracy, teaching and learning;
- Our children learn to love learning by being adventurous and creative, collaborative and confident;
- As individuals we shall be responsible, reflective, and considerate of each other and ourselves;
- We welcome, celebrate and learn from diversity of all kinds. We all have something to contribute to our learning community – everyone should help each other to find that something;
- Our learning environment will inspire creativity, be welcoming and safe, and embrace the outdoors;
- We should be active in our local, national and international communities; learning from them and contributing to their health and vitality.
At Wiveliscombe Primary School it is our responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of the children. We do this by providing an environment in which children and young people feel safe, secure, valued and respected, and feel confident, and know how to approach adults if they are in difficulties, believing they will be effectively listened to.