Come and join our successful team
We offer excellent opportunities for staff at all levels.
We believe a happy, productive staff team is reflected in the wellbeing and collective growth of our learners.
- Great working environment
- Opportunities for development and training and career advancement
- Excellent team support
- Outstanding facilities
- Beautiful rural context
Year 6 Class Teacher
We are keen to appoint an excellent, experienced and/or ambitious teacher to join our Key Stage 2 team from January 2018. This role is a great opportunity for a dedicated and ambitious individual who is able to make an impact and raise standards, first and foremost in their classroom, and then beyond into KS2 and further. Ideally the successful candidate will have led, or be able to take the lead in maths or English, and a TLR will be available for the right person.
- Be passionate about learning with a creative approach to education
- Be an excellent practitioner who enjoys supporting, challenging and inspiring children and colleagues
- Have effective interpersonal skills, and a commitment to strengthening parent and community partnerships
- Have high expectations for all children, colleagues and yourself
- Be ready to work selflessly as part of a team that is based on mutual respect, openness and self-reflection
- Be keen to progress in your career with the drive, resilience, and ambition to go the extra mile
- Demonstrate commitment to achieving the best outcomes for all pupils
- Be able to lead maths or English across the School with a proactive approach to school improvement and a clear vision of school improvement strategies
- Have a strong sense of integrity and vocation, and good sense of humour
- The chance to make a difference to our happy and successful school by bringing fresh ideas to make learning even more exciting and inspiring
- Friendly, enthusiastic children who love learning, are enthusiastic and well behaved
- A friendly, strong and dedicated staff team
- Supportive parents and a hard-working PTFA
- Committed and passionate governors
- The opportunity to work as part of a successful team
- The chance to progress in your career alongside supportive and loyal colleagues
- A beautiful and inspiring rural environment
We pride ourselves on our vision and values, and with our growth mindset approach we are committed to improving the outcomes for all our children. Coming off the back of a Good Ofsted inspection at the end of last term, the School now has a window of opportunity to be braver and more creative in its approach to learning and the curriculum, as we travel on our journey to excellence.
We are only 20 minutes from the M5 on the Somerset/Devon border in a thriving and vibrant community set in a beautiful rural location.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, then come and see us in action, if you can, and find out more about what this role can offer.
For an informal chat and to arrange a visit, which we highly encourage, please contact the Headteacher, Steve Duncan, on 01984 623325.
Closing Date: Monday 2 October
Shortlisting: Tuesday 3 October
Interviews: Week beginning 16th October
Salary: main scale or UPS, with TLR for anyone able to lead maths
Wiveliscombe Primary School is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people. The successful applicant must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We are unable to contact candidates who are not shortlisted.