Come and join our successful team
We offer excellent opportunities for staff at all levels.
We believe a happy, productive staff team is reflected in the wellbeing and collective growth of our learners.
- Great working environment
- Opportunities for development and training and career advancement
- Excellent team support
- Outstanding facilities
- Beautiful rural context
Wiveliscombe Primary School
25hrs per week
Term time plus 5 weeks during school holidays.
Grade 14, pts 13-17
£16,491 – £17,772 (£10,671 – £11,704 actual salary)
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, conscientious and self-motivated person to provide a key role in managing the school site. Ability to carry out simple repairs, maintenance and decorating are required.
Contact Helen Allen on 01984 623325 for an informal chat.
Closing Date: 13 November
Interview Date: 15 November
Start Date: 20 November
JOB TITLE: Caretaker/Handyman
HOURS: 25hrs per week
HOURS TO BE WORKED:
Term time (38 weeks per year): 7.30am – 8.45 am daily
3.10pm – 6.55 pm daily
5 Inservice days (in addition to 38 weeks)
25 days to be worked during School Holidays. These days are to be agreed in advance with the Head Teacher. Flexibility on hours worked for these days.
SALARY: Grade 14 pts 13 – 17 (£16,491 – £17,772)
(£10,671 – £11,704 actual salary)
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure the daily maintenance and security of the site.
To ensure the designated area is cleaned to the appropriate specification as directed by the school, bearing in mind any Health and Safety requirements, in order to create a safe environment suitable for the education of children.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• To ensure security of the site at opening and closing times
• To ensure the successful operation of heating, lighting, water and gas systems, reporting any faults promptly to the appropriate person.
• Management of waste/refuse on site
• Sweep outside areas, including pathways and entrances
• Ensure surface drain covers are free of leaves and debris
• Ensure the site is tidy and free from weeds and litter
• To put out grit/salt on premises during snow/ice conditions and to clear designated pathways
• General porterage
• To service lettings for the School Hall (setting-up tables, chairs, projector/putting away), during contracted hours
• To turn out when the alarm goes off/No 1 Key Holder
• Line manage the cleaning staff and ensure that cleaning is carried out to the necessary standards
• To carry out any cleaning duties as necessary to cover the absence of any cleaning staff (either on the main school site or at the Paddocks necessary)
• Empty waste bins and dispose of collection bags safely
• Polish and clean floors using the appropriate machinery
• Maintain the cleaning storage area in a clean, tidy, safe condition.
• Observe the requirement of Health and Safety/COSHH at all times.
• Maintain records of equipment/materials as required by School/COSHH.
• Regular Visual Electrical Inspections of Equipment and recording Annual Visual Asbestos check (very little on site).
• Weekly testing of fire alarm points
• Report equipment faults to the appropriate person in the school, as soon as possible.
• Operate a safe working environment for people still in the building (display appropriate safety signs).
• Be responsible for the School’s Health and Safety practices as delegated by the Headteacher, including ensuring that all Health and Safety and Fire Risk policies are current, procedures are carried out routinely and paperwork and records are kept up to date and filed systematically.
• Report any relevant maintenance issues to the School’s Property Helpline (liaising with the School Office as necessary)
• Assume direct responsibility for small repairs and maintenance not covered by BMIS (including painting and decorating on both the main school site and the Paddocks nursery site)
• Access and update documents on RAMIS, EEC and other Somerset computer systems
• Any other reasonable tasks and duties as delegated by the Headteacher
IN CARRYING OUT YOUR DUTIES YOU WILL:
• Ensure that the School Cleaning Schedule (which details the tasks to be carried out daily, weekly, half termly and annually and the standard which should be achieved) is followed.
• Be responsible for the quality of the School’s cleaning (and the Paddocks)
• Operate a range of cleaning machines (vacuum, polisher, carpet shampooer, wet pick-up and the like)
• Maintain areas of limited access in a safe condition (boiler and store rooms)
• Operate within the constraints of Health and Safety and COSHH regulations
• Determine cleaning materials required, order and distribute stock and resources.
• Check the “Maintenance/Cleaning Book” daily, in which staff will bring any matters needing addressing to your attention. This is located in your pigeonhole.
• Extra hours may be required for some work that cannot be done within contracted time (i.e. decorating). These will be requested and approved directly by the Headteacher.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS
• Continuously on feet – physical work using potentially hazardous cleaning agents
• To work outside, possibly in inclement weather.
• Movement of stock and furniture around the site (potentially heavy items at times).
• Carry out occasional cleaning duties and the use of cleaning machinery.
• Lone working at times.
CONTACTS AND RELATIONSHIPS
• To maintain friendly interactions with all users e.g. (pupils, staff and public etc.) who may be around during working hours
• Liaise with appropriate tradesmen, providers and school staff
• Day to day liaison with the School Business Manager
• Overall line-management by Headteacher.
• Total confidentiality is required. Information about children or adults at the school must never be passed on at any time.
• Where a child may be at risk this information should be divulged to the Head Teacher so that they can take appropriate action.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
• Basic level of education, dexterous, pleasant, courteous personality
• Good communication skills
• Honesty and integrity
• Flexibility and able to show initiative
• Knowledge of the procedures required for the job
• Carry out small maintenance jobs and decorating around the school
• Awareness of the Health and Safety requirements of the job, including COSHH
• Awareness of correct Manual Handling procedures
• Willingness to receive any training provided
Teaching Assistants, Wiveliscombe, Somerset
18.25 hours per week (five mornings plus two lunchtimes), to start from 01.01.18, term time only, working as a Teaching Assistant in Year 3
Salary Range £6,272 – £6,847 p.a. actual salary for 18.25 hours per week (based on Somerset Pay Spine, Grade 15 pts 9-13)
27.5 hours per week, to start from 01.01.18, term time only, working as a class Teaching Assistant in Year 1 and Year 4 (Temporary to 31.08.18 in the first instance)
Salary Range £9,451 – £10,317 p.a. actual salary for 27.5 hours per week (based on Somerset Pay Spine, Grade 15 pts 9-13)
15 hours per week (five mornings), to start from 01.01.18, term time only, working as a Teaching Assistant in Year 6 (Temporary to 31.08.18 in the first instance)
Salary Range £5,155 – £5,627 p.a. actual salary for 15 hours per week (based on Somerset Pay Spine, Grade 15 pts 9-13)
Are you passionate about young children’s learning?
Can you engage, excite and inspire children?
Are you looking for an opportunity to either begin or broaden your experience in schools?
Would you like a position in a happy and successful school?
If the answer is “Yes!”, then you could be just the person we want to work either across our KS1 classes, in Y3 or in Y6.
• Have high expectations of children and a belief that all children can succeed;
• Be imaginative, organised, patient and hard working – willing and able to go the extra mile;
• Have some experience already of working with children
Wiveliscombe staff work very well together in a supportive, friendly and lively atmosphere. They are extremely committed, hardworking and professional in their approach to education. Great importance is attached to professional development, and they are expected to engage in training opportunities to further their own learning.
In our Ofsted last term the School was rated as Good, with a clear passion for teaching and learning.
To apply, either download an application form from www.jobsthisweek.co.uk or from our website http://wiveliscombeprimary.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of appointment is subject to satisfactory references and DBS checks.
Applications Close: Friday 24 November
Interviews: Thursday 30 November
Medical Teaching Assistant
Medical Teaching Assistant, Part Time
Salary Range £6,873 – £7,503 p.a. actual salary for 20 hours per week (based on Somerset Pay Spine, Grade 15 pts 9-13)
We require, to start in January 2018, a teaching assistant to work with a young child with Type 1 diabetes. The job involves supporting the child on a 1:1 basis by monitoring blood levels and administering bolus. The job will be 20 hours over the week.
Applicants should be enthusiastic, patient, caring and committed to the well-being of young children. Experience of working with children with medical needs would be an advantage, although full training will be given.