Thank you for becoming part of our school community.
We look forward to working with your family whilst your child is at Wiveliscombe Primary School.
At school we agree to:
- Treat your child fairly, care for them and ensure their happiness and safety
- Recognise your child’s individual needs and interests
- Teach your child to enjoy learning in all aspects of school life
- Help your child to develop a sense of responsibility and to be considerate of others
- Operate a clearly stated behaviour policy which details expectations, rewards and sanctions
- Inform you at regular meetings about your child’s progress
- Keep you informed about teaching, homework and general school matters
- Be welcoming and offer you opportunities to become more involved in the daily life of the school
- Respond to your concerns and questions as promptly as possible.
As parent/carer I agree to:
- Let the school know about any problems that might affect my child’s work, behaviour or attendance
- Make sure that my child comes to school regularly, clean, dressed in school uniform, well rested and at the appropriate time
- Inform the school of all reasons for any absence
- Support my child with homework and encourage them to complete it on time
- Involve myself in school activities when possible
- Attend meetings and discussions about my child’s progress
- Support school guidelines, rules and behaviour policy
- Remember that the school will always act in the best interest of my child