Friday 31st March 2017
After the Easter Holiday Maple Class and Ash Class will be doing the topic:
A life on the Open Sea!
We thought it might be fun for the children to start thinking about the new topic a little bit over the Easter Holidays so that they can return to school enthusiastic about it.
Here are some ideas of things you might like to do with your child:
- Visit your local library – encourage your child to find and read non-fiction books about life aboard a sailing ship, famous sea expeditions, pirates etc
- Find story books about famous ships or famous pirates (Peter Pan, Treasure Island, The Night Pirates etc.)
- Make up/write a story about pirates or going voyaging on a sailing ship.
- Draw a treasure map create a 3D map using junk modelling.
- Design a costume/ship/flag for a pirate.
- Design and/or build a ship – will it float?
- Plan a visit with a nautical theme (a beach, an old ship, a harbour etc)
The above ideas are not compulsory, so please do not worry if you do not have time to do any of them – they are really just for fun and to get the children thinking, so please feel free to pick and choose or add any of your own ideas to the list.
Have a Happy Easter!
Miss Anson, Miss Malone and Miss Ferris