Welcome to year 6 Hazel class.
Curriculum Letter February 2018
Here are our experiences for the next half term. If anyone has any expertise that they would like to contribute towards any of our topics, please let me know!
Curriculum – our topic experiences this term will be:
- 19th February – 26th February
- How do we make moral choices?
We will be looking at the choices we make, what we influences our choices and how religion impacts on a person’s choice with a focus on Hinduism and Christianity.
- 26th February – 2nd March
- World Book Day (Week), our week will be based around story telling. With the over-arching question ‘What will happen if I drink this potion?’ Year 7s from Kingsmead will join us on Tuesday to write some interesting stories. We will also join with Oak class to do lots of role play and story writing. On Wednesday, we will have a visit from a story teller (Steve Manning). At the end of the day, there will be a book swap in Willow Class, bring any books that could go to a new home. On Thursday 1st March we will then get dressed up as our favourite book character. On Friday, we will get to listen to different teachers reading their favourite short story.
- 5th March – 16th March
- STEM Fortnight. These two weeks will consist of lots of hands on science experiments based around light. We will have a visitor who will come and work with us to create some interesting experiments!
- 19th March – 23rd March
- PSHE – Going for Goals. During this week we will be looking specifically at our goals, aspirations and what we would like to achieve. We will also be looking at our own skills and attributes and how we behave towards others.
Thursday 1st March – World Book Day
Saturday 3rd March – PTFA Jumble Sale
Tuesday 6th March – Additional SATs parents’ meeting
Friday 16th March – PTFA Disco
Tuesday 20th March – Music Concert 2pm
Friday 23rd March – Science fair in class for parents to see the projects we have made
English – Reading.
Please continue to hear your child read at least 3 times a week and note it in their Home Learning Record books. I am currently